J&W Transfer Company History
J&W Transfer has been in the moving and storage business since 1932. The company name originated from the founding owners Clyde Jewett and Mike Ward. Harry Knopes purchased the business in 1968 and the business was owned and operated by his sons, Jeff and Denny until 2018 when it was acquired by Matt and Julia DeLong.
J & W Transfer slowly transitioned out of the household moving industry in 2008 and now concentrates on industrial/commercial & machinery rigging. J & W Transfer also included crating services in our scope of services. We can service your domestic crating needs with ease and compliance.
- Associated Builders and Contractors (ABC) | www.abcwi.org
- Specialized Carriers and Rigging Associations (SC & RA) | www.scranet.org
- Westgate Corridor | www.westgatecorridor.com
- Forward Janesville | www.forwardjanesville.com
- The Crosby Group – ASME Rigging Trainer development
- The Crosby Group – Fundamentals of Rigging
- National Committee for the Certification of Crane Operators – www.nccco.org
- Safe-Com Crane Signal Training
- Fork Lift Operators Training
Let J&W Transfer’s professional staff handle all your machinery moving and rigging needs. Our staff is fully trained in all aspects of the machinery rigging & moving industry.
Our office is located at 1010 W. Court St., Janesville, WI 53548